Thursday, May 29, 2003
Front Page |
Southern States |
Other States |
Advts: Classifieds | Employment | Obituary |
By Our Staff Reporter
Addressing a press conference, Mr. Khurana said he had written to the Deputy Prime Minister, L.K. Advani, that both CBI and Delhi police were yet to take action against Mr. Sishpal while five out of the six persons involved in the case had been arrested. It is surprising that while all the other accused who had sold government land in Tughlakabad Fort and adjoining areas had been taken into custody and Mr. Sishpal was roaming freely. He said while the Crime Branch of the Delhi police had registered an FIR against Mr. Sishpal on June 2, 2001, the CBI had registered a case of land-grab, illegal selling of government land and forging revenue documents on May 15, 2001.
Accusing the Congress party of shielding corrupt party MLAs and leaders, Mr. Khurana said it was common knowledge that Congress was a party of land grabbers. He said Mr. Sishpal had not only duped the common man but had also connived with government officials to sell government land by forging documents and preparing fraud revenue papers. A multiple set of charges were made against Mr. Sishpal by the CBI and Delhi police but subsequent investigations into the matter during the last two years had not progressed at the required pace. "Therefore, I have written to the Deputy Prime Minister requesting him to seek a report from CBI and Delhi police as to why satisfactory progress had not been made in the case. I am confident that Mr. Advani would do the needful at his end,'' he added.
On the other hand, Mr. Khurana said Delhi police should also come out with an explanation as to why the father of Congress MLA, Nasib Singh, involved in the sugar scam and the former Metropolitan Councillor, Kalyan Singh, involved in the Fodder Market scam were not being proceeded against. On the other hand, Mr. Khurana said that in his letter to Mr. Advani, he had also urged him to enquire from CBI as to why a chargesheet was not being filed by the premier investigating agency against the Chief Minister, Sheila Dikshit and the former PWD Minister, Pervez Hashmi, for their involvement in the advertisement scam whose Preliminary Enquiry had been completed.
He said serious observations had been made against Mr. Hashmi and his authority to go ahead and award certain contracts to an private advertising company by the Lok Ayukta.
He said at the time of registering the case, CBI had stated that grave irregularities had been committed while awarding the contract to a private company for a period of three years. He said around Rs.100 had been pocketed by this private company due to the active connivance of the former Transport Minister and demanded that immediate action including filing of chargesheet should be undertaken.
The Hindu Group: Home | About Us | Copyright | Archives | Contacts | Subscription
Group Sites: The Hindu | Business Line | The Sportstar | Frontline | The Hindu eBooks | Home |
Copyright © 2003, The
Hindu. Republication or redissemination of the contents of
this screen are expressly prohibited without the written consent of