Thursday, Feb 28, 2002
Front Page |
Southern States |
Other States |
Advts: Classifieds | Employment | Obituary |
By Our Special Correspondent
Announcing this at a press conference, the HABG Head, Pavitra Roy, said the group would focus on the 85 per cent market segment of direct cool refrigerators (frost-free comprised the remaining 15 per cent) and the 85 per cent market of semi-automatic washing machines (the remaining accounted for by fully automatic).
The group, he said, all these years was in the high-end of the appliances business and this year had gone in for business process re-engineering. The market size of refrigerators was 2.5 million direct cool and three lakh frost-free. While the group would consolidate the frost-free segment, it would aggressively address the low-end segment.
As for the microwave ovens, it has tied up with Sanyo for power grill technology and is aiming at a market of 10 per cent of the total market of nearly 1.7 lakhs.
The BPL direct cool models have tropicalised oil-cooled compressors which are energy efficient (would save up to 25 per cent in cost per month of electricity bills from the conventional direct cools). The aesthetics of the appliances have also been enhanced.
Send this article to Friends by E-Mail
The Hindu Group: Home | About Us | Copyright | Archives | Contacts | Subscription
Group Sites: The Hindu | Business Line | The Sportstar | Frontline | Home |
Copyright © 2002, The
Hindu. Republication or redissemination of the contents of
this screen are expressly prohibited without the written consent of